How to Make Several Types of Gado-Gado — Gado-gado consists of boiled vegetables and mixed together, with mashed peanut sauce. Equipped with sliced boiled eggs, cucumber, tofu, and fried onions can add to the enjoyment. Usually the vegetables used are bean sprouts, cabbage, potatoes, spinach, and so on. Gado-gado is usually served with lontong slices.
Gado-gado is a kind of Chinese food that mimics a Dutch menu. Peanut sauce is a characteristic of the gado-gado. There are various versions of the gado-gado. But on average, it has the same taste, namely the fresh taste of boiled vegetables and savory from peanut sauce.
The savory taste of the peanut sauce is quite popular, so it is liked by every level of society. Naturally, then this dish spread to many regions in Indonesia. It is popular also because it is easy to make. Today, gado-gado is even the favorite food of vegans.
How to make a simple gado-gado
50 grams of bean sprouts, remove the roots, pour boiling water, immediately drain
150 grams of kale, cut into pieces, boil, immediately drain
150 grams of spinach, pick the leaves, boil, immediately drain
200 grams of bitter melon, remove the seeds , then boiled
1 tofu (8X8 cm) then fried
1 slice of tempeh (8X8 cm) then fried
1 – 2 tablespoons of fried onions
3 boiled eggs, peeled the crackers and fried crackers
Ingredients for making chili sauce gado-gado (puree):
200 grams of peanuts, which are fried
2 red chilies
5 pieces of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon shrimp paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
200 cc boiled water
How to make a simple gado gado:
1. Peel the peanut shells and then roast. After cooking, puree.
2. Then boil the peanuts with coconut milk, fried red chilies and bird’s eye chilies, shrimp paste, brown sugar and salt, mix all the ingredients for the chili sauce, then cook until it boils, then remove from heat and set aside.
3. Boil vegetable ingredients, such as spinach, kale, bitter melon, and eggs.
4. Fry the tofu and the tempenya.
5. Serve neatly on the plate, vegetables and add the egg pieces. Then sprinkle the fried onions and squeeze crackers or chips on top. Flush with peanut sauce chili sauce. Gago-gado is ready to eat.
How to make gado gado Padang
Padang has its own version of the gado-gado. When gado gado generally uses lontong, the way to make gado gado Padang is to add yellow noodles or vermicelli and crackers / chips. Here’s how to make a gado gado Padang.
250 grams of potatoes, boiled and cut into 6-8 pieces.
2 eggs, boiled and split into 6-8 portions.
100 gr vermicelli, soaked in warm water, then drain.
100 grams of cabbage, finely sliced.
50 gr bean sprouts, remove the roots and pour hot water.
250 cucumbers, peeled and sliced to taste.
2 tablespoons of oil, for sauteing.crackers or chips
Fried onion for sprinkling
Pureed ingredients and spices for gado-gado:
250 grams of peanuts, fried
50 grams of red chilies,
8 cloves of red onion,
5 cloves of garlic,
salt to taste,
soy sauce to taste or according to taste
2 thumbs of galangal,
1 thumb of ginger, crushed
1 stalk of lemongrass, crushed
2 tables of bay leaves
4 pieces of lime leaves
1 cup of coconut milk
sugar to taste
How to make gado-gado Padang:
1. Saute the garlic, galangal, ginger, lemongrass and bay leaves until it smells good.
2. Put the ingredients and spices that have been mashed, coconut milk and sugar, mix well, taste, cook until a little oily
3. Cut and arrange all the vegetables and other ingredients on a plate
4. Then pour the peanut sauce over the vegetables and sprinkle the onions fried.
5. Add crackers and soy sauce according to taste, serve!
Currently gado-gado is indeed a food that is easy to find, because the sellers are scattered in many places. However, instead of buying there is nothing wrong with making it yourself every now and then. Besides being more economical, by making your own gado-gado, you can finish it according to your taste.